You can agree that most of us have very tight working schedules and even if we try hard, we can’t take out time to go to the gym. The best alternative for you then is to set up a gym at home, in the comfort of the four walls where you can interact with your family members as well as do various exercises with them. In this regard the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is one of the best options you can consider as you are looking for your exercise solution.
- The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym has over 30 strength exercises
- From 5 to 210 pounds of resistance via power rods
- Sliding seat rail adds aerobic rowing training
- Measurements: 84L x 38W x 81H inches
- Includes lat pull-down and horizontal bench press
- The home gym equipment is perfect for strength-building and aerobic, cardiovascular exercises
- Compact design packs loads of workouts in 1 machine
What it has
- Horizontal, Incline, and Decline Bench Presses
- Shoulder Press and Raise
- Seated Lat and Rear Delt Rows
- Scapular Retraction
- Narrow, Stiff-Arm, and Reverse Grip Pulldowns
- Low Back Extension
- Triceps Pushdown and Extension
- Biceps and Wrist Curls
- Ab Crunch and Trunk Rotation
- Leg Extension, Kickback, and Press
- Calf Raise
- Hip Abduction
The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is an economical and versatile piece of equipment that provides 30 different strength-training exercises. The Bowflex rowing machine is a space-saving machine designed to combine all the strength-building equipment found at your local gym.
Its patented technology provides smooth, consistent resistance through the entire range of motion, a principal ingredient in developing lean, strong muscles. With Bowflex’s patented Power Rods that can provide a resistance of up to 210 pounds, this space-saving home gym gives your abs, chest, arms, back, lower body, and shoulders a great workout.
The presence of power rods makes your equipment ideal for cardiovascular workouts and strengthening muscle groups. Bowflex’s SpiraFlex resistance technology is used by astronauts at the International Space Station, but it also makes working out fun and productive on Earth.
What we liked about it
- It gives 30 plus strength building exercises for muscle toning and body building.
- The Bowflex PR1000is one of the few well-built exercise machines that delivers a balanced workout.
- Instead of free weights, Bowflex exercise machines use flexible polymer rods to create resistance. In combination with the appropriate hand grips, ankle cuffs, and rollers, these “Power Rods” can be used for a full complement of upper-body and lower-body strength training exercises.
- It has a combination of ankle cuffs, proper hand grips, and rollersthat assist you in performing an appropriate upper body and lower body full workout to strengthen your muscles.
- The whole set up is light in weight and are more compact, making it easier to use. You don’t have to arrange a set of steel platesfor the next set and avoid lugging the heavy sets before even starting your workout.
- Weights are easily adjustable, and the simple hooking unhooking mechanism for Power Rods make it a lot more comfortable to increase or decrease weights
- It is durable and versatile.
- Full body workout & cardio training.
- Quick resistance set
- Provides a lot of exercises
- Gives good workout for beginner and intermediate users.
The PR1000 has been one of Bowflex’s most popular exercise machines since it was introduced in 2008 and it has been preferred by many users because the PR1000’s price tag won’t deplete your bank account.
And with the built-in rowing machine, you can not only build strength, but also burn calories. With over 30 difference exercises, you can circuit train every day of the week and never get bored
This exercise machine is especially popular among families and casual fitness enthusiasts, earning high marks for its ease of assembly, fast setup, and versatile workout options.
It is an ideal gym solution to have at your home however it isn’t a solution to everyone because first, the weight is limited to a maximum 210 lbs and if you’re a dedicated weight lifter, or if you’re into serious body building, then you’ll be better off with a machine that’s easier to upgrade but this one doesn’t have that provision. Another limitation is that is that the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym does not include an instructional DVD to help you learn how to set up your exercise routine and that has been a view of many who have used it but then PR1000’s manual has sufficient explanation and you can add it up with the online video which is available.