Try making ice cream at home with Cuisinart ICE-30BC Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker and you’ll probably never want to purchase ice cream from the store again. An ice cream maker lets you customize your favorite dessert and makes it easier to add in just about anything you desire for a flavorful and personalized result.
Cuisinart ICE-30BC Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker is housed in brushed stainless steel with an embossed logo, this fully automatic small appliance makes frozen yogurt, sorbet, and homemade ice cream in as little as 25 minutes.
The frozen-dessert maker features a heavy-duty motor and a double-insulated freezer bowl that holds up to 2 quarts of frozen dessert at a time. Simply add ingredients, turn the machine on, and frozen drinks and desserts are ready in minutes. Its large ingredient spout allows for easily adding favorite mix-ins, and an instruction book and recipes come included. A fun addition to any birthday party or backyard barbecue, the frozen-dessert maker measures approximately 8-1/4 by 8 by 11-1/4 inches.
- Fully automatic frozen yogurt, sorbet, and ice cream maker
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; heavy-duty motor
- Large ingredient spout for easily adding favorite mix-ins
- Double-insulated 2-quart freezer bowl; instruction book and recipes included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Your freezer should be set to 0°F to ensure proper freezing of all foods.
- The freezer bowl must be completely frozen before you begin your recipe. The length of time needed to reach the frozen state depends on how cold your freezer is.
- For the most convenient frozen desserts and drinks, leave your freezer bowl in the freezer at all times.
- You can take it out any time for immediate use.
- In general, freezing time is between 6 hours and 22 hours. To determine whether the bowl is completely frozen, shake it.
- If you do not hear liquid moving, the cooling liquid is frozen.
- Before freezing, wash and dry the bowl. Wrap it in a plastic bag to prevent freezer burn.
- We recommend that you place the freezer bowl in the back of your freezer where it is the coldest. Your freezer should be set to 0°F to ensure proper freezing of all foods.
Making Frozen Desserts or Drinks with Cuisinart ICE-30BC
You can use Cuisinart recipes included in the Instruction Booklet or use your own recipe, making sure it yields 2 quarts or less. Do not fill the freezer bowl higher than 1/2-inch from the top. The ingredients will increase in volume during the freezing process. For best results, prepare the ingredients in a container from which it is easy to pour.
Remove the freezer bowl from the freezer and place on the center of the base. The bowl will begin to defrost quickly once it has been removed from the freezer. Use it immediately after removing from freezer.
Place mixing bowl arm in freezer bowl. Arm does not fit tightly. It just rests in the center of the bowl, with the circle side facing up.
Place lid on the base. Easy lock lid mechanism allows the lid to rest on base in multiple positions.
Turn the On/Off switch to ON position. Freezer bowl will begin to turn.
Immediately pour ingredients through ingredient spout.
Frozen desserts or drinks will be done in 25-35 minutes. The time will depend on the recipe and volume of the dessert or drink you are making. When the mixture has thickened to a soft serve consistency, it is done. If you desire a firmer consistency, transfer the dessert or drink to an airtight container and store in the freezer for two or more hours.
Ingredients such as chips and nuts should be added about 5 minutes before the recipe is complete. Once the dessert or drink has begun to thicken, add the ingredients through the ingredient spout. Nuts and other ingredients should be no larger than a chocolate chip.
- The ingredient Spout allows you to pour recipe ingredients like chips or nuts through the spout without interrupting the freezing cycle.
- It has an easy-lock lid which is transparent to let you watch the freezing process as it progresses. Lid is designed to easily lock to base for you to be sure of an amazing results.
- Has a mixing arm which mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create a consistent frozen desserts or drinks.
- Has a Powerful Motor,a heavy duty motor strong enough to handle ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, sorbet and frozen drinks because as the ingredients freezes they become more viscous requiring a more powerful mixer.
- Freezer Bowl Contains cooling liquid within a double insulated wall to create fast and even freezing. Double wall keeps the bowl cool and at an even temperature.
- Rubber Feet Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use.
- Cord Storage Unused cord is easily pushed into the base to keep counter neat and safe.
- You can use it to make your favorite frozen dessert, whether it’s ice cream, sorbet, or frozen yogurt.
- A brushed stainless steel housing gives this appliance an upscale appearance.
What we didn’t like about it
You can’t use it right out of the box.” True, you have to take the drum (it’s like a thick bucket) and put it in the freezer overnight. Or at least until you can’t hear the liquid sloshing in between the walls of the drum.
We have been asking ourselves on what could be better than a quart of luscious homemade ice cream, sorbet or frozen yogurt for a desert and found out that they still stand out.
The Cuisinart ICE-30BC, 2 quarts Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker, makes 2 quarts of your favorite frozen desserts or drinks in as little as 25 minutes. It’s easy – an integrated motor, double-insulated freezer bowl and automatic mixing paddle do all the work. Results are consistently smooth, cleanup is easy, and the brushed metal styling is simply sensational.
Indulge your taste buds with fresh sorbet, ice cream, or frozen yogurt – 2 quarts of your favorite frozen dessert, which can be ready within a very short time. It’s simple and easy from start to finish: just add ingredients and turn it on.
The removable mixing paddle and freezer bowl make cleanup easy. Always get consistently creamy results with a heavy-duty motor, double insulated freezer bowl and automatic mixing paddle, you are guaranteed with a deliciously smooth frozen desserts and drinks for your home which is ideal for you.