To adopt a healthy lifestyle is an in thing for you and me. Juice extractors is one of the most preferred kitchen appliances for most of the families because it helps one to get the full benefit contained in the fresh produce but then most of them are very expensive making most families not to afford. Jack LaLanne’s Power Juicer deluxe stainless steel electric $299.99 at Amazon is one of the cheapest juicers available in the market.
Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Deluxe Electric Juicer is designed for those who have limited space in the kitchen. There’s no need to pre-cut ingredients because this stainless steel juicer, with its round extra-large chute, accommodates most fruits and vegetables whole. It features a surgical-quality stainless steel blade and super-sized detachable pulp collector. This refurbished juicer also has whisper-quiet operation
Jack LaLanne’s Power Juicer is built for quick and easy fruit-and-vegetable juicing. All you have to do is place a glass under the spout, feed in whole or cut items into the large feeder chute and gently press down with the pusher.
The unit’s powerful induction motor and stainless-steel blade will get to work and produce a tasty health drink within minutes. The pulp gets safely collected in the large detachable pulp collector and can be easily disposed off, or used as compost or in baking. The JLSS is housed in attractive stainless-steel with black accents, and is dishwasher safe
What the juicer contains
- Base (contains the motor) with locking arms
- Mesh filter (stainless steel in a plastic housing)
- Blade – stainless steel disk, grinds the produce
- Lid with Pul Guard and Chute – black plastic, covers the receptacle with the filter basket and blade in it
- Pulp Bin – collects the pulp that comes out at the back of the machine
- Pusher – plastic, for pushing down the produce pieces in the chute
- Tool (Crescent shape) – for tightening and removing the blade
- Manual and Recipe Booklet
- Patented juice extraction technology
- Stainless steel exterior with black accents
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Large, round feeder chute
- High-precision stainless steel blade
- High power induction motor (3600 rpm)
- Quiet operation
- Large pulp collector
- Unique non-drip spout
- Weight : 15 pounds
- Weight (shipping) : 15 pounds
Clean-up does require some work and time but this is the case with most other juice extractors. It is best to rinse all parts well right after juicing to prevent pulp from getting stuck to the surfaces
All parts excluding the motor are dishwasher safe, however quite many users complained that the chrome finish started to peel off after a few washing in the dishwasher.
Use a sturdy kitchen brush to remove pulp from the strainer holes. After a couple of use do a more thorough scrubbing (with a soapy kitchen sponge) of the plastic parts and the pulp bin to remove stains caused by colorful produce from all the tricky, hard-to-access places
What we liked about it
- adequately juices firm fruits (apples) and vegetables (carrots, celery, beets),
- large feed chute (there are several other better juicers with wide feed tube
What we didn’t like about it
- Just like the other models, the Deluxe has a 250-watt motor that spins the stainless steel cutting blade at 3600 rpm. This motor output is barely enough for efficient juice extraction from a wide variety of produce
- Although the motor is fairly quiet, the juicer can be fairly noisy during operation.
- The produce pieces often jump out of the chute if the plunger isn’t in it. Many times there are slices of produce on the blade at the end of juicing – a clear proof of inefficient process
- spout is at two low – a larger glass won’t fit under it
- not totally dishwasher safe (as advertised), chrome finish can rub off after a few use in the dishwasher
It is an inexpensive centrifugal juice extractor that is called “deluxe” because of the shiny chrome finish. Note that most retailers advertise this model as a stainless steel unit while, apart from the blade and filter basket, it is made of sturdy-looking, molded plastic
The Jack LaLanne’s Power Juicer deluxe stainless steel electric $299.99 at Amazon has the tendency to shoot wet pulp upwards, where it can get lodged in the poorly designed lid. However, it can be scraped off in the end and re-fed. Some of the users have complained that the drain hole is too small. As a result when juicing fibrous or pulpy foods, the hole clogs frequently and needs to be manually cleared
Jack LaLanne’s Power Juicer aren’t the best-value centrifugal juicers that you can get and this is because of the limitations we have highlighted above.
It has a classy appealing chrome look but in reality it has a plastic housing in it that is why after sometime of heavy use the chrome starts peeling off.
The good thing with it is the moveable, non-drip spout that is however tricky to wash but then an advantage over the Classic model.