For most of coffee lovers there is nothing like a hot cup of coffee in the morning. Every professional will tell you that preparing a cup of coffee or espresso is a real art and a precise science. It can take years to perfect every step of the process. And this process begins with freshly ground beans. The KRUPS F203 Coffee Grinder delivers the same coffee quality you’d expect from a coffee shop at home.
- Coffee and spice grinder with 200-watt motor provides fast grinding
- Large grinding capacity yields up to 12 cups of coffee
- Grinds up to 3 ounces of coffee beans in seconds
- Oval design and stainless-steel blades ensure uniform grinding
- Stainless Steel blades that can grind beans but also spices, herbs, nuts, grains and more
- Lid activated safety switch for ease of use.
Using the KRUPS F203
It stands out as a nice alternative to pre-ground coffee, as it allows you brew freshly ground beans for the maximum rich aroma and delicious full-bodied flavor for better-tasting coffee. When making any type of coffee drink, from simple drip to espresso and cappuccino, grinding beans right before brewing is a must for any true coffee lover. And it’s easy with the KRUPS coffee grinder. Simply add whole beans, secure the lid, and press the side lid button to start.
Grind for a few seconds, or a few seconds more, depending on desired consistency—from coarse to fine. The oval-shaped grinder offers a large 3-ounce capacity, while its precision stainless-steel blades ensure even results. For safety, the blades won’t spin without the lid securely in place.
In addition to coffee beans, the versatile grinder can be used for chopping or grinding nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices—perfect for everything from summer salads and gourmet entrees to yummy baked goods. Compact and sleek looking, the KRUPS coffee grinder makes a convenient and useful addition to any kitchen
- It is durable and versatile
- It is relatively quiet
- Ease of use and cleaning
- The blades are sharp and mounted low in the housing
- You can also use it to grind other spices not only coffee
- The shape allows you to easily pour contents into your container of choice after grinding
- The machine has a higher RPM than other machines.
What we didn’t like about it
- The central burr wants to pop up while grinding, so you always need to hold the lid down.
- It tends to leave some grounds under the bottom of the ‘ground’ hopper after grinding.
The KRUPS F203 Coffee Grinder is perfect for anybody with a coffee maker that uses paper cone filters. I emphasize paper because it works best with paper filters than permanent filters. Like any blade grinder, it will produce some dust that creeps through the permanent filter and into your pot and makes sludge but then nothing gets through paper filters though.
If you’re looking for a simple, inexpensive and reliable coffee grinder, the Krups F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder is a safe buy, thanks to its grinding prowess. True, some may find it small or difficult to clean, and it’s not for espresso or other finicky coffee grinds, but, for the price, it’s hard to beat the performance of this versatile and durable Krups coffee grinder.