Yes, the right scale is what a serious chef needs to get that meal to the dining table, with the right ingredients, of course, in right quantities. The Ozeri Pronto Digital Food scale gives users the convenience of an affordable, yet accurate scale. Ideally, it stands out as a good looking scale with a great design, meaning it will look awesome on your kitchen.
The Pronto is built using the very latest generation in sensor technology. This technology gives an immediate responses for the fast-paced chef along with ensuring accuracy that is of great importance. This makes the device an ultimate companion for the dedicated cooks. Plus, the refined chrome finish adds to the portable profile.
The scale can weigh up to 11 pounds that is approximately 5050 grams and is in graduations of just 0.05 ounces that is one gram. This will help you achieve your diet and weight goals.
It also features a Tare button, that functions to automatically subtract the weight of any bowl or container to calculate the net weight of your ingredients only. The Tare button and the unit button of the Pronto, both provide an audible and tactile click. This feature gives you a confirmation so you never have to push twice when preparing meals in a rush.
- Small profile doesn’t take up a lot of counter space.
- Great design and nice looking.
- Easy to clean – I just wipe it down with a Clorox wipe.
- Simple and intuitive to use.
- Allows for measurements in a variety of units (grams, ounces, pounds, etc.)
- The “tare” button is the best feature because it lets me zero out the weight of a container like a small plate or bowl.
- Long battery life. I’ve used it daily for over a month and it has about 1/3 battery life left.
- Lightweight and easy to move around, store, or travel with.
- Accurate -it does exactly what it’s supposed to do and seems accurate to within a gram
What we didn’t like about it
- The screen can be hard to see, especially if you’re using a larger plate or bowl.
- Plastic feels a bit cheap
The Ozeri Pronto Digital Food scale brings some of the best weighing functionalities to your kitchen top, for far much less. For instance, the Tare button isn’t a feature we also see in budget scales, to that, add a sturdy, good-looking design and all you have is a nice, functional scale. All these make it a great little scale, and unless, you’re using super-heavy cookware or prepping lots of food at a time, there’s really no reason to buy anything bigger or more expensive.